AT ADT SOLUTIONS, WE HAVE BEEN RECEIVING REQUESTS FOR A HIGH-LEVEL GLOBAL MOBILITY CHECKLIST. SO, THIS CHECKLIST HAS BEEN DESIGNED KEEPING IN MIND INTERNATIONAL ASSIGNMENTS BOTH SHORT & LONG-TERM.
COMPANY’S PROCESSES & POLICIES
- Local policies: Relocation policies and Extended Business Travel
- Expatriate policies: Short & Long Term International Assignments
- International mobility/immigration policy (General plus country-specific remarks)
- Relocation assistance policy
- Tax policy
- Reimbursements policy
- Insurance coverage policy
- Policy for ‘Returning employees’
EMPLOYEE/ASSIGNEE CENTRIC STEPS
- Initiation of internal approval/immigration workflow process
- Training session for employees regarding the steps involved (int/ext)
- Planning (fast-track or normal): Assessment of the time taken to complete the immigration process against the project/business requirements.
- Documentation: Collect all relevant documents from the employee for a) work permit, b) visa, c) tax compliance and d) resident permit
REMUNERATION & COST TO THE COMPANY
- International assignments allocation: Who will be the sponsor for the assignee/employee in the host country?
- Budget: Assignee’s Total Cost to the Company.
- Project Budget: Standard templates for global assignments
- All costs - including the tech, partner/consultant costs for the employer)
- Cost adjustments between local and host countries
- Insurance policy for the employe and the dependents
- Enrolment of the employee in the host country’s Social Security
- program or the equivalent
- Briefing upon arrival or before departure regarding applicable taxes and giving clear visibility regarding the salary structure (net income)
- Assessment of Double-taxation (avoidance) agreements or
- the Totalization Agreement (if applicable)
- Tax filing assistance, both host & home country
- Assessment or review of the company’s/partner’s payroll system
- for the destination country
- Testing of the monthly payment cycles.
- Terms and conditions of the payroll partner, if any
- Assessment of the local compliance requirements
- Questionnaire to the employee/assignee to document all income sources (for correct Tax assessment)
HOST COUNTRY READINESS
- Resident permit and notification to the local authorities upon arrival Office space or work-space
- Onboarding: induction, email, computer, software, access cards, etc
- COVID-19 related protocols
- Travel restrictions, tests required before travel & upon arrival.
- Approved vaccines